Thought-provoking quotes from Dr. Nido Qubein book, “Stairway To Success.”
Ponder these quotes as you reflect on your life and most importantly see how you can apply them in every aspect of your life.
You cannot give that which you do not possess.
Relationships break down when there is a preoccupation with self.
Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people.
The practical side of dreaming is being willing to pay the price to make those dreams come true.
Are you a thermometer or a thermostat? A thermometer only reflects the temperature of its environment, adjusting to the situation. But a thermostat initiates action to change the temperature in its environment.
Those with a strong self-image realize that the only way to keep from making mistakes is to do nothing – and that’s the biggest mistake of all.
The process of growing and learning always involves risk. No one ever becomes perfect, but anyone can improve.
• Whether you are a success or failure in life has little to do with your circumstances; it has much more to do with your attitude.
• If you could view your life as you do a highway from an airliner, many of the detours and curves would make more sense.
• The practical dreamers know the harder they work, the luckier they get.
• Fixing the blame is never important, and fixing the relationship is never unimportant.
• You can’t think your way into acting positively, but you can act your way into thinking positively.
• People who are looking for something to make them happy, somehow never seem to find it. Yet those who find a way to be happy while they are looking for something, typically find what they are looking for.
• Grudges are like tumors; they can live and grow only when they’re eating on you.
• What matters is not so much how you got to be the way you are now, but what you do with the person you have become.
• A strong awareness that you are loved by God provides the most solid foundation for building high self-esteem.